- Beyond Binary received a starred review at Publishers Weekly
- "Nightfall in the Scent Garden" received thoughtful reviews from Tangent and Locus
- "Bleaker Collegiate" was also reviewed at Tangent a while ago
I really like it when people talk about my work. I also like talking about other people's work:
- "My Dignity in Scars" by Cory Skerry: I read the demons in this fascinating story as a metaphor for cancer, maybe, an illness that takes people on a long journey away from the familiar. An illness that can become inseparable from a person's identity, and even a source of strength.
- "Chorus of the Dead" by S.E. Gale: sorrowful and sweet, exploring the collision between a quotidian life and the enormous strangeness of death
And finally, congratulations to the winners of the Friends of the Merril Contest!